Friday, July 11, 2008





Daisy, Daisy...

Ahh! I love this kind of thing. I'll never be happy until i've done an action figure/toy of some sort but this is getting close...

Daisy is the new mascot for the DUNCAN scheme in Dundee. We already have 'Duncan' but we felt there was a gap in our market for a 'wee' sister. So, Daisy was 'born'!

The original visualisation sketch, final illustration and suit are all documented here.

DUNCAN was designed in 2002 and then became a suit in 2005. Last year I became 'Duncan' for the day at the local Gala day which was good fun - and oddly liberating..!

Daisy was designed in March and we've been eagerly awaiting her arrival ever since.

I bought 'Pete's Dragon' on DVD for my daughter last year, which she now loves, and I think she's quite impressed that daddy has a dragon of his own, although on the occasions that she's had to meet him she politely declines, screams, runs off!
She did, however, contribute to the design of Daisy. Originally I was going to put big chunky trainers on Daisy (like the Tweenies - who were made by the same people who kindly made Daisy for us!) but I also liked Duncans big green chunky feet. So without mentioning any of this to my daughter I just asked what we should put on her feet and without a moments thought she just said 'pink sandles'! So i, kind of, got the best of both worlds!

Anyway, hope you like my little family of dragons - you can see more at DUNCAN and Little and Lost.

No comments: